An excellent opportunity has arisen for the right individual to join our Payroll team at an entry level. Davis Grant are a highly successful accountancy practice based in Ilford, East London with a continually growing team, currently standing at 45 team members. Our client base is hugely varied and includes clients in sectors from tech start-ups, property investment companies, large group companies and non-listed Plcs.
We are looking for the right candidate to have excellent interpersonal skills, very good spoken English, together with a drive for attention to detail and a sense of pride in achieving your targets and keeping clients delighted. This is an exciting opportunity for those looking to take their first steps into payroll and as a result, no prior experience is required, and full training will be provided.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of weekly and monthly payrolls, including calculating and processing adjustments, generating the payroll reports, and publishing payslips for the clients
- Assist in preparing weekly and monthly pension files for various pension providers
- Validation of data before forwarding to client to ensure accuracy of details
- Preparation and completion of weekly and monthly RTI Returns and Employer forms
- Ensuring that client expectations for payroll deadlines are met and submissions are made to HMRC in accordance with the deadlines
- Support with client questions and liaise with HMRC where necessary to resolve issues on behalf of the client
- Dealing with daily internal or external telephone and email correspondence
- Setting up new PAYE schemes and online filing
- General clerical and admin tasks as and when required
- Liaising with other departments
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Good maths skills
- Willing to learn
- Flexible and adaptable beyond the core role
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
Davis Grant offers a wide range of training and development opportunities within the firm. You will have a developed training plan, including dedicated training sessions throughout the first year, together with monthly one to one mentor sessions. The aim is that by the end of year 1, you will be proficient in understanding and processing most general payrolls. To aid with your development, we also offer the potential for external training courses with CIPP (Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals).
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org