An excellent opportunity has arisen for the right individual to join our accounts and audit team as a senior. Davis Grant are a highly successful accounting practice based in Ilford, East London with a continually growing team, currently standing at 35 team members. Our client base is hugely varied and includes clients in sectors from tech start-ups, property investment companies, wholesalers, retailers, consultants, large group companies and non-listed Plcs.
We are looking for the right candidate to have a solid foundation of accounting, tax and audit skills together with a high level of IT skills, particularly on Excel, which are vital to analyse data. All our team have direct contact with clients both through email and phone, and therefore excellent spoken and written English is imperative.
As an ACCA gold approved employer, we provide full study and training support and with regular reviews, training courses and mentoring we provide the framework and support structure for the right candidate to flourish.
- Preparation of small and medium sized limited company and LLP accounts primarily from a trial balance as well as manual client records.
- Preparation of industry specific accounts including: solicitors accounts and charities
- Audit fieldwork as part of an audit team
- Providing detailed discussion notes for client meetings on accounting and tax related aspects
- Direct client involvement – working with the client to solve queries and provide recommendations.
- Management accounts preparation and cash flow projections
- Bespoke tax and accounting technical projects as they arise
- Based on experience
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Additional 3 duvet days a year
- Company pension
- 4pm office finish on Fridays
- Regular team events
- Role either full time or part-time (3 days+) full days
- ACCA qualified or part-qualified
- Knowledge of IRIS accounts production would be advantageous
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping packages including Sage and Xero
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and data analysis techniques
- Comfortable with complex reconciliations such as CIS and VAT
- Some previous audit exposure
- Superb written and spoken English
- Must be highly enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Can work as part of a team or independently
- Ability to drive would be useful
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org