Businesses in the non-essential retail, hospitality, leisure, personal care and accommodation sectors can now access one-off cash grants of up to £18,000 from their local council.
The Restart Grant scheme opened nationally on 1 April 2021 and is now being rolled out by local authorities across England.
Eligible businesses will be paid:
- a one-off grant of up to £6,000 in the non-essential retail sector
- a one-off grant of up to £18,000 in the hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym sectors.
Your business may be eligible if you are:
- Based in England
- Pay business rates
- In the non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care or gym sectors
- Trading on 1 April 2021 (this includes businesses currently closed due to restrictions).
However, you may not be eligible if your business:
- Is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register; or
- Has exceeded the permitted subsidy allowance
It is down to each local councils’ discretion, as to whether a business meets the eligibility criteria for this grant scheme.
To apply you will need to find your relevant local authority by clicking here.