Last month we wrote about the new hourly national minimum wages rates that came into effect on 1st October 2016. National Minimum Wage rates change every October however, National Living Wage rates (for those aged 25 and over) change every April.
If we process your payroll for you, rest assured that we will review and implement the revised rates so you can get on with business!
National Wage Rates from 1st October 2016
- Aged 25 and over – £7.20 (unchanged)
- 21 to 24 – £6.95 (previously £6.70)
- 18 to 20 – £5.55 (previously £5.30)
- Under 18 – £4.00 (previously £3.87)
- Apprentice* – £3.40 (previously £3.30)
* Apprentice rates can only be applied if the employee is aged under 19 or in the first year of their apprenticeship.
Get in Touch
If you require more information or have concerns about how these changes may affect you – please just give us a call.