This past Monday all the Davis Grant partners gathered at the local branch of NatWest to get local property investors up to speed on critical tax changes that amount to a rising tax bill for Landlords.
The event was well attended with over 20 attendees who learnt about the key topics from Davis Grant’s own Barry Chernoff:
- How the restriction of Mortgage Interest Tax relief may seriously reduce income from your Buy-to-Let properties.
- Should you consider running your buy-to-let business as a company?
- The additional Stamp Duty of 3% introduced to discourage buy-to-let investors.
- Capital Gains Tax on residential property disposal.
- How the removal of Wear and Tear allowance will affect how you manage your furnished properties.
— Jag Phull (@jag_phull1) March 20, 2017
All the key matters are summarised in our new guide for Landlords and Property investors…
Get in touch with us if you would like specific advice on your options and situation.
Thank you to NatWest for hosting and to Ish from Oakville Real Estates for providing some insight into the local property market. See you again soon!